|Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not||Label: Domino|
1. The View From The Afternoon
2. I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor
3. Fake Tales Of San Francisco
4. Dancing Shoes
5. You Probably Couldn't See For The Lights But You Were Staring Straight At Me
6. Still Take You Home
7. Riot Van
8. Red Light Indicates Doors Are Secured
9. Mardy Bum
10. Perhaps Vampires Is A Bit Strong But...
11. When The Sun Goes Down
12. From The Ritz To The Rubble
13. A Certain Romance
(View Larger Image)
|Average Blamo User Rating: (7 votes)||
|I'm sure by now just about everyone has heard about the Arctic Monkeys. But are they really worth all the hype? One reviewer even said that they're "The best British band since The Beatles."
I have to totally disagree. While they're debut album, Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not, is a decent Brit-pop record, it's definitely nothing groundbreaking or extraordinary. It kind of reminds me of The Futureheads, only not quite as good.
It's sad that there's so much hype surrounding the band, because they really don't deserve it. The album has a few good tracks ("I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor" and "A Certain Romance"), but for the most part the album is full of standard sounding songs that have already been done by older (and better) groups such as Franz Ferdinand and The Libertines.
Reviewer Rating of CD :